Marketing & Communications Intern
What Design Can Do is looking for a Marketing & Communications Intern to join our team in Amsterdam, for a minimum period of 5 months, starting in September.
What Design Can Do (WDCD) is a platform for the advancement of design as a tool for social change. Since its inception in 2011, WDCD has undertaken numerous activities to promote the role of designers in addressing the world’s most pressing societal and environmental issues. It has done so by showcasing best practices, initiating discussions and facilitating collaboration between disciplines. So far, WDCD has hosted eight successful international design conferences in Amsterdam, and two in São Paulo, Brazil. Through its print publications, website, blog and social media, WDCD reaches an international community of engaged designers and creatives. Alongside events and publications, WDCD aims to mobilize the creative community by launching and running various design challenges. In 2018/19 WDCD will be running two challenges, one on Clean Energy in metropolitan areas in close collaboration with the Ikea Foundation and one on the sexual abuse of children in close collaboration with the Dutch Public Prosecution Service.
Your work at WDCD
- Generally assisting on all marketing & communications activities
- Offering support to our Clean Energy Challenges in different metropoles across the globe, as well as for our event in São Paulo.
- Supporting the development and implementation of an audience database.
- Writing and creating for WDCD (online) channels such as, newsletters, social media and websites
- Supporting the procurement and maintenance of brand- and media partners
- A student of Communications (or a related field) with a HBO-level degree (or international equivalent)
- Able to work autonomously, but you enjoy working in a team
- Obviously in possession of excellent communications skills, both written and spoken
- Digitally savvy; an expert user of various social media platforms
- Familiar with online tools such as WordPress, Mailchimp and Google Analytics
- Fluent in Dutch, both written and spoken
- Fluent English, both written and spoken
- Willing to work at least 4 days a week
An interesting internship in a creative social impact organization with an international scope and network. You will be working in a small and dedicated team of creative professionals based in the centre of Amsterdam. The working atmosphere is friendly, team-oriented and encourages individual input and development. The ideal starting date is September, but this is negotiable. The internship fee is € 250 per month. Lunch is included.
Send your CV and motivation to Kiki Stoffels (communications manager) firstname.lastname@example.org before 23 July 2018.