Are you a creative individual with a passion for web design and experience in digital content management? What Design Can Do is looking for a talented Digital Product Manager to join our team in Amsterdam, starting in May 2019. This is a temporary position covering maternity leave for a period of approximately 5 months. Our ideal candidate is available for at least 32 hours / week.
Your work at WDCD
In collaboration with the Communications Team you would be responsible for:
- daily management and maintenance of the What Design Can Do website(s) and platform(s);
- publication and coordination of new content for What Design Can Do website(s) and platform(s);
- design of new pages and subwebsites;
- design of website structure, UX and UI functions;
- managing contact with relevant programmers and project managers about editorial and technical aspects;
- offering technical support to our web visitors and online community;
- collecting data from web analytics and reporting on these;
- collecting data from research and usability tests and reporting on these.
- a web editor or online digital product manager with a HBO-level degree (or international equivalent) and with relevant experience;
- familiar with platforms such as WordPress, Google Analytics, Mailchimp, SEO analytics
- familiar with design tools for photo and video editing (e.g. Adobe)
- in possession of excellent communications skills, both written and spoken;
- fluent in Dutch and English, both written and spoken.
- digitally savvy;
- able to work autonomously, but you enjoy working in a team;
- Willing to work at least 4 days a week
An interesting position in a creative social impact organization with an international scope and network. You will be working in a small and dedicated team of creative professionals based in the centre of Amsterdam. The working atmosphere is friendly, team-oriented and encourages individual input and development. You will be part of the Communications Team and as such responsible for What Design Can Do’s online presence. Salary and benefits in accordance with the standards in the creative and cultural industry. The ideal starting date is 1st May, 2019 but this is negotiable.
Send your CV and motivation to Daphne Schmidt (firstname.lastname@example.org).
What Design Can Do (WDCD) was initiated in 2011 as a platform to showcase design as a catalyst of change and as a way of addressing the societal questions of our time. The story is told through our annual conference in Amsterdam, additional conferences in other parts of the world, the worldwide What Design Can Do Challenge, as well as our own print publications, website, blog and social media.
So far, WDCD has hosted eight successful international design conferences in Amsterdam, and two in São Paulo, Brazil. In 2018/19 WDCD will be hosting its first event in Mexico City, while running two worldwide challenges: one on Clean Energy in metropolitan areas, in close collaboration with the Ikea Foundation, and one on the sexual abuse of children, in close collaboration with the Dutch Public Prosecution Service.